Dual Credit Instructions for Bible 3 and 4

Earn college credit while still in high school

• Students can earn 3 college units for each Bible class as long as they complete the class with a “C” or better and complete the enrollment forms by the deadline established by CBU.
• WCHS has a dual enrollment agreement with Cal Baptist University for the Bible 3 and 4 classes
• The credit will be issued from Cal Baptist University and is transferable to most colleges and universities.*
• Download the appropriate dual credit enrollment application form

Dual Enrollment Deadline:    January 23, 2023

For the ONLINE APPLICATION click on the link below and click "Start Application" to create an account:

Directions for how to fill out forms for Dual Credit:

  • Each Bible class requires a separate application and payment each school year. The student may only apply for academic credit for the one (1) course being taken currently. 
  • Payment must be made at the time the form is submitted by credit card or Paypal.
  • The $250.00 payment can be paid by either by credit card or Paypal.
  • The grade that will be recorded on the CBU transcript will be the grade earned in the Spring semester at WCS.
  • The deadline to submit the online application is January 23, 2023. Forms received after this date will be returned without being processed.
  • Transferability of coursework to a college or university other than CBU is subject to the transfer policy of the receiving institution.
  • Create an account, fill out the application online and pay the $250 fee online.
  • Make sure the appropriate course (Bible 3 or 4) is checked. 
  • Students will no longer be printing applications instead they will be submitting the application online. 

WCHS will send your final transcript to CBU at the end of the school year.

*We have been informed by CBU that UC, Cal State, and other private colleges accept the transfer credit. Other state or private schools should be contacted individually to verify transferability.


Frequently Asked Questions

  • What classes are involved in the dual enrollment?

Bible 3 and Bible 4 only

  • Where do I find the application?

At the beginning of the school year Dual Enrollment Applications will become available. Here is the application link: https://calbaptist.edu/ssapp/

  • Is there a deadline?

The deadline to apply for Dual Enrollment is in mid-January of each year. The specific deadline is listed on the Dual Credit Enrollment Application and Registration form.

  • Can I apply for both Bible 3 and 4 classes at the same time?

No. You cannot apply for both Bible classes at the same time. You must apply during the year you are taking the Bible class. If you are a junior, then you will apply for the junior Bible class in January of your junior year. If a senior, you may only apply for the senior Bible class in January of your senior year.

  • Where do I turn in the paperwork and payment?

Applications and payment are submitted online through this link: https://calbaptist.edu/ssapp/. 

  • How do I get the credit transferred to the college I am attending?

If you are attending another college then you must request transcripts to be sent from CBU to the college you are attending. Here is a link to do this: https://insidecbu.calbaptist.edu/ics/Academics/Transcript_Request.jnz

  • What if I don’t want to go to CBU should I still apply?

Yes. These college credits can be transferred to most colleges and universities.

  • Do UC and Cal State schools accept the college credits?

Yes. When filling out the CSU and UC applications as a senior you will need to put the college course information below: 

High School Course:                                          CBU Course:                                                                                  Units
Bible 3 Literature Methods of Analysis         CST200 Special Topics: Literature Methods of Analysis              3
Bible 4 Judeo-Christian Philosophy                CST200 Special Topics: Judeo-Christian Philosophy                    3

  • Who do I contact if I want to find out if my application and payment were received?

For questions, please contact CBU’s Registrar’s office: 951-343-4566

  • What grade do I have to get in the Bible class to get college credit?

To get College credit you must have at least a C grade for both semesters. If you apply for the dual enrollment and then do not receive a grade of a C or higher you may not get a refund.

  • What classes will these Bible classes transfer in as at different colleges?

For CBU these two Bible classes will count towards 2 of the 3 required Bible classes. For most colleges and universities these college credits will come in as elective units. Some private Christian colleges may give Bible credit but it depends on the college.
You must contact each college or university directly to find how they will accept these college units. Make sure to tell them that these courses are CBU Bible classes that will be transferring to their school.

  • What are the course descriptions?

Judeo-Christian Philosophy course description.pdf
Honors Judeo-Christ. Philosophy course description.pdf
Lit. Methods of Analysis course description.pdf